What is Shared WordPress Hosting?
Shared Hosting is a type of web hosting service in which multiple websites share the same physical server, it could be just two websites sharing one server or it could be hundreds and even thousands of sites. A single physical server has its resources that are divided among multiple websites.
A Shared WordPress hosting provider specializes in providing optimized, secure web hosting for WordPress websites with expert support and features that make it easy to host a WordPress website.
If you’re a small business owner or launching your first website, shared hosting will work perfectly because it’s easy to use and affordable.
Why do we need Shared Hosting?
Depending on the requirements, there are several reasons to choose shared hosting over other hosting services. Some of the main reasons why people use shared hosting rather than other hosting services are mentioned below
Shared Hosting is affordable and budget-friendly because the cost of the infrastructure is divided among multiple users. This makes it the best option for starting websites, and other small businesses where the costs are the major concern.
- Ease of Use
Shared Hosting is very easy to use and manage even for those who don’t have much technical knowledge. Many shared hosting providers offer user-friendly control panels like cPanel or Plesk to simplify launching a WordPress website.
- Low Maintainance
Shared hosting providers take care of the maintenance, security, and backup
that free you from any technical tasks related to the maintenance of servers and most of the features are accessible via the control panel for quick and easy setup.
Many of the shared hosting providers offer various different plans according to resource allocation so if you want to scale your website you can upgrade your plan once you have outgrown your current plan.
WordPress Shared Hosting providers have 24/7 support, some may offer only chat and ticket, while others also give support via calls and online meetings. The support teams of these companies have engineers who are experts in debugging WordPress and fixing the issues.
Top Features of Shared WordPress Hosting
Here are some of the basic features that a shared WP host usually provide
- One-click WordPress install
- WordPress speed optimization and caching
- SSD Storage
- 99% Uptime Guarantee
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) Addon
- Automatic WordPress Updates and Backups
- WordPress-optimized Security
- Staging Environment
- User Friendly Control Panel
- Customer Support
- Free SSL certificates
- File manager access
- Latest PHP version
Best Shared WordPress Hosting of 2024
There are numerous options for Shared WordPress Hosting, it takes time to research on your own. That is why we have compiled a list of some of the best shared WordPress Hosting providers, we have picked the ones that offer great support along with up-to-date features.
Table of Contents
Pricing: $9.99/mo, $19.99/mo till $69.99/mo.
We found HostWP.io to be one of the WordPress hosting providers that have all the latest features, good server hardware and promises the fastest page load speeds along with security.
They are one of the best beginner-friendly and budget-friendly hosting companies that deliver the best and optimal performance with LiteSpeed Enterprise servers and outstanding customer support.
HostWP.io offers 83+ global CDN locations worldwide with Quic Cloud CDN included in all plans, which helps expand your website’s global presence with consistent performance.
HostWP.io has many useful features, like easily creating staging or clone of your websites, taking backups manually and their support team also helps to migrate your WordPress site from anywhere to their optimized servers.
HostWP.io speeds up your website with ultra-secure and amazingly fast hosting powered by Litespeed Enterprise, NVME storage, and an easy-to-use WordPress manager.
They provide good combinations of services, features, and technologies stack to host any website easily on the fast servers.
Key Features of HostWP.io
- LiteSpeed Web Server: LiteSpeed is 84x faster than Apache and 12x more than NGINX web servers for hosting and running your WordPress websites
- HTTP/3 Support: The latest version of the web protocol for faster loading times.
- Ultra-Fast Servers: Their powerful cloud servers with the latest hardware and NVMe drives ensure your sites load faster, even during peak traffic hours
- QUIC Cloud CDN: Your WordPress sites go global through QUIC Cloud CDN, serving your sites from 83+ locations, not just images and static content.
- Powerful Cache Plugin: The ultimate WordPress cache plugin with Pagespeed, image optimization, and rich customization.
- Incremental Backup: Automatic off-site backups of your sites, account, database, etc., with the 1-click restoration of individual files
- Uptime: They guarantee 99.9% uptime, meaning your WordPress websites will be up and running all day long
- Server security using CPguard that protects against bot attacks and hacking attempts.
- Up-to-date software on servers, ensuring the best performance and security.
- Built-in WordPress manager to easily update your WordPress websites and get notifications.
Pricing: $11.99/mo, $13.99/mo, $24.99/mo
Chances are that you might have already heard about Hostinger, It is currently one of the most popular WordPress hosts. They offer a variety of hosting plans, from shared to cloud hosting. Hosinger is particularly known for its affordability, easy-to-use control panel, and excellent customer support.
Hostinger is a good web hosting provider for beginners and small businesses. They offer affordable pricing, easy-to-use tools, and excellent 24/7 customer support.
Key Features of Hostinger
- Free domain for first year
- Free website migration
- Litespeed servers with LSCWP cache plugin.
- CDN included in higher plans. Object Cache that decreases website response time even further
- IPv6 and HTTP/3 provide low latency and fast data transfer
- Automatic WordPress updates
- Weekly Backups
- Complete WordPress development toolkit – WP-CLI, SSH access, Git integration, and PHP version control
- Automatic malware scanner
- Advanced web application firewall
- DDoS mitigation
- 24/7 World-Class WordPress Support
Pricing: Starts at $2.59 /monthly
DreamHost has been in WordPress hosting business for a long time. Is a well-known hosting provider which offers a variety of hosting services including WordPress hosting, managed, hosting, shared and cloud hosting services to meet the requirements for all types of websites.
DreamHost shared WordPress hosting services are an excellent option for people who are building their site for the first time and are beginners who need all the options, features and tools to take their first WordPress site live easily. The prices are budget-friendly and the DreamHost support team is reliable whenever you need help.
DreamHost’s Shared WordPress hosting plans include several useful features, such as automatic WordPress updates, free automated migration, a free SSL certificate, and a free WP Website Builder.
Key Features of DreamHost
- Easy-to-Use Panel
- Free Domain
- Free Email, SSL and Domain
- 24/7 chat support
- SSD Storage
- Free Automated WordPress Migrations
- Fast NGINX Hosting Servers
- Automatic WordPress Updates
- Free JetPack plugin included
- Automated Daily Backups
- Free WP Website Builder
- SFTP, Shell Access, WP-CLI & more
Pricing: Starts from $11.99 /monthly
Another popular household name when it comes to web hosting and buying domains is GoDaddy. Even though there are mixed opinions about their services regarding large WordPress websites, we find Godaddy suitable for beginners, who want to keep domains, hosting, email and everything else under one hosting platform.
GoDaddy offers several hosting services including shared WordPress hosting. It uses servers optimized for WordPress performance and security and comes with features that make managing a WordPress website easier.
The starting plans are very budget-friendly and there are often discounts on both hosting and domains for the first year.
Key Features of GoDaddy
- 99.9% uptime guarantee and money-back guarantee.
- WP-CLI, SSH and SFTP access.
- Latest version of PHP.
- Automatic WordPress core software and security updates.
- CDN boost for up to 2x faster page load times.*
- Free 24/7 support.
- Access to thousands of free themes and plugins.
- Temporary domain name.
- Free Trial Professional Email.
- For beginners: pre-built sites and startup support.
- One-click migration tool.
- Staging site and developer access.
- Purchase domains
- Domain privacy
- Free business emails.
Pricing: Starts from $2.99 /month for 3 years plan
The recommended host on WordPress.org, Bluehost is the perfect WordPress hosting provider, with economical pricing plans and a feature-rich hosting platform.
Bluehost is a web hosting provider with a good reputation for reliability, performance, and user-friendliness. Chances are that many new WordPress users start off from Bluehost, as official WordPress channels and sources often recommend their name.
Combined with performance, security, support and an easy control panel to install and manage WordPress, Bluehost definitely stays on this list of best WordPress Managed hosts.
Bluehost’s WordPress hosting service is a good option for individuals and businesses that build websites with WordPress.
Key Features of Bluehost
- Cloudflare CDN
- Server-level caching included
- SSD storage on all plans
- FREE SSL
- CodeGuard Backups
- Free Domain for 1st year
- Automatic WordPress Installation
- Managed WordPress
- Website Design Services Available
- 24/7 chat support
- Phone support
- Malware Scanning
- Free themes
Pricing: Starts from $2.75 / month
Hostgator is a well-known web hosting provider which offers various plans including managed, shared, and dedicated hosting plans to fulfil every user’s requirement.
HostGator offers a solid, affordable option for hosting your WordPress website, especially for beginners and small businesses.
Key Features of Hostgator
- Cloudflare CDN
- SSL certification
- One-click WordPress Installs
- 1-year free domain
- Fast SSD Storage
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- MySQL databases with phpMyAdmin access
- Scan and remove malware
- Daily automatic backups
7. A2 Hosting
Pricing: Starts from $2.99 /month
A2 Hosting has good reviews and benchmarks, and we found them one of the reliable shared hosting providers for WordPress websites.. They offer a wide range of hosting services, including shared, VPS, dedicated servers, and managed WordPress hosting.
A2 Hosting has years of experience hosting WordPress websites and their servers are optimized for better page load times and are backed by an expert WordPress support 24/7. They come with several features that can help improve your website’s performance and security.
Lower plans of shared hosting are good enough for new WordPress websites, but their mid-tier shared hosting plans are great, as they use servers with better hardware, allowing your site to handle more requests.
Key Features of A2 Hosting
- Free SSL Certificate
- Imunify360 for server security
- Two-Factor Authentication
- SSH file transfer
- Directory Privacy
- Mass Updates
- Automated Spam Filtering
- Brute Force Attack Protection
- Free Daily Malware Scans
- Free & Easy Site Migration
- NVMe SSD Storage
- Free Automatic Backups
- Turbo Servers (Up To 20X Faster)
- Easy Control Panel
- 99.9% uptime
- Free Website Builder
- AI tools
Going with shared WordPress hosting is a good way to start off your journey with building sites with WordPress. The companies we listed above aren’t an exhaustive list, but they are the best for hosting WordPress.
You will get access to plenty of features that will make it easy for you to build a WordPress site and go live quickly. Shared hosting is also good to have when you need a live environment for small sites and dev sites.
Do you think some other companies deserve to be on our list? Let us know through our contact form.